Telephone Consultations – Update
From 1st October 2020, Telehealth Consultations will no longer be routinely bulk-billed for all patients.
Medicare Patients with a Centerlink Health Care or Pension Card, or children under 16 will continue to be bulk-billed for Telehealth, provided they have attended the clinic for a Face-to-Face Appointment in the last 12 months.
A Private Fee will apply for all other telehealth consultations. After the Medicare Rebate, patients will be out of pocket $33 regardless of consultation length.
Payment will be collected prior to the consultation, via a secure payment request we send from Hotdoc, or over the phone. Medicare rebates will be processed online to save you hassle.
Mixed Billing Policy:
We are a mixed billing practice.
A Gap Fee applies for all consultations after the Medicare rebate for Medicare eligible patients and this rebate can be claimed electronically for you without hassle.
Bulk billing applies for patients with a pre-booked appointment under the age of 16 or hold a Pension or Health Care Card from Centerlink or are a full-time student.
We also take walk-in patients who do not have an appointment, however please note that these will be privately charged consistently regardless of age or concession. We also cannot guarantee a short wait time for these consultations.
Private Billing Schedule:
Private billing occurs for all patients without Medicare, patients without an appointments (walk-ins), all appointments on weekends and Public Holidays and for certain procedures (i.e. Skin Checks, Womens Health Checks). An after hours consult is any consultation after 1pm on Saturdays, all day Sundays and all day Public Holidays.
Please note that our fees have slightly increased from 30/03/2020.
Non Attendance Policy:
Please note that a Non-Attendance Fee of $20 is payable if a patient does not attend their standard appointment or if the appointment is cancelled with less than two hours notice. There is a fee of $40 for long appointments not attended or cancelled within two hours.
- Any consultations requiring additional services may be charged a procedural equipment fee of between $10 – $50.
- Travel vaccines will incur a private fee also for the purchase of the vaccine as they are not covered by Medicare but the consultation is Bulk Billed if performed on a weekday (private billing on weekends).
- Your doctor will explain any additional costs to you and obtain your consent prior to any treatment received.
Vaccines & Procedural Fees:
For all vaccination and procedural costs please ask one of our friendly receptionists. Your doctor will explain any additional costs to you and obtain your consent prior to receiving treatment.
- Any consultations requiring additional services may be charged a procedural equipment fee of between $10 – $80.
- Travel vaccines will incur a private fee also for the purchase of the vaccine as they are not covered by Medicare but the consultation is Bulk Billed for patients with a valid Medicare if performed on a weekday (private billing on weekends)
Pre-employment medical assessments and other medical assessments are also privately billed.